We have all heard about the importance of making a great first impression and that you can’t make a second first impression. Front doors are frequently seen as an important part of the home, but we typically only care about the color of our front door. Believe it or not, your front door plays an enormous role in your home’s first impression and can add to the value of your home, while enhancing your curb appeal.
Here are some thoughts to keep in mind as you consider a new or replacement entry door and other options to give your front entryway a new look:
- Use doors that have etched or stained glass
- Simple upgrades such as new hardware can make a huge difference
- Lighting is easy to install around and above your entryway, offering great accents to your home’s unique features
- Basic landscaping can also be a nice accent to your home’s front door and overall entryway
- Shutters at your front door present the opportunity to accent your home’s siding and front door
One important part of the replacement door process is making certain that your improvements look like they have always been there. An easy way to visualize what will look good on your home is to look at other homes that are the same style as yours. Getting ideas from these homes will help you determine how you can improve your front entry. In addition, you’ll see what may not work so well, saving you valuable time and money in the end.
Replacing your front entry door can lead to lots of benefits including increased energy-efficiency, improved security and enhanced design. Work with a local Pella professional to decide which entry door is right for you and your home.