It can be overwhelming when you start the process of window replacement, so consider easing into the project with these 5 handy steps:
1. Gather inspiration
The internet is packed with window replacement ideas. Pella has a great Photo Gallery to get the juices flowing that allows you to sort images by material types and rooms, from kitchens, dining rooms and living rooms to interior and exterior windows and bedrooms. Next, Pella’s Product Designer will help you envision the details.
Here are some additional sites you could consider:
- Houzz.com was started by the wife-and-husband team of Adi Tatarko and Alon Cohen in 2009 after struggling to plan their own home remodel.
- HGTV is not only a cable channel and sibling to the DIY Network, Food Network, and Cooking Channel, but HGTV.com is a great online resource for replacement window ideas.
- From his passion for collecting bugs growing up in his native Des Moines, Ia., where his parents still run the family ophthalmology business, Ben Silbermann co-founded Pinterest , building one of the largest platforms for sharing photos, ideas and tips that can help inspire your window replacement project. Pinterest does require a log-in, so you do have to create an account.
2. Explore product, visit with an expert
A home window replacement project can be an investment, so take your time. Pella’s online Product Designer is a great tool to help you narrow down your choices.
3. Visit a Pella showroom
Stop by any showroom to see the different window and door styles up close. Pella’s showrooms in Omaha and Lincoln are open Monday-Saturday at 9 a.m.
4. Organize and set a budget
With any kind of home remodeling project, it’s better to organize the details ahead of time and get a full list of work in front of you. New windows and doors are an investment. Prioritizing the features and options that matter most to you can help narrow your search for the products that suit your budget.
5. Work with an expert
You can request a free, no-commitment consultation on our home page.