In a previous post covering window material options, we talked about wood and its many benefits. In this installment – Part 2 of 3 – we look at vinyl windows.
As we mentioned previously, the best window frame for your home often comes down to personal choice. Pella Omaha sells a wide variety of windows made from three main materials: wood, vinyl and fiberglass. Each material has its own unique benefits, so while we might not be able to tell you definitively which window frame material is best for your particular home, we can tell you about the benefits of each and hopefully make your decision a much easier one.
As for vinyl, this is a very popular choice of window frame material because it is often the most affordable option. But affordability isn’t the only advantage that vinyl offers. Consider these positives for choosing vinyl:
- Insulation for your Home– Vinyl windows help keep heat in during those cold Omaha winters, and they help keep the heat out during the Omaha area’s notoriously hot and humid summers. Vinyl is made from a plastic material called polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and it provides a significant amount of insulation.
- Low Maintenance – Vinyl windows are scratch-resistant. In addition, they don’t have to be painted, scraped or stained, and they are easy to clean with soap and water. Because of the property of the material, they can hold up to the elements for years.
- Variety –Vinyl windows come in a variety of styles.
Below, we take a closer look at the variety of vinyl windows offered by Pella Omaha and list even more benefits of this affordable and durable choice for window replacement. First, the Pella® 350 Series, followed by the Encompass by Pella®.
A Quick Look at the Pella 350 Series – Distinctive Vinyl windows with superior performance:
- Exclusive SmoothSeam® interior welded corners are virtually invisible.
- Distinctive detailing adds beauty and style.
- Stronger and more durable than typical vinyl windows.
- Pella 350 Series windows and patio doors include some of Pella Omaha’s most energy efficient products
Pella 350 Series – Energy
The Pella 350 Series vinyl frames feature an exclusive energy-saving system that makes them Pella Omaha’s most energy-efficient products. Here’s proof:
- They are available with InsulShield, and advanced low-E triple-pane glass with argon, which offers protection from extreme temperatures and ultraviolet rays.
- The frames have up to 18 insulating air chambers –to keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- They have optional foam insulation, which can help increase energy performance further.
Pella 350 Series – Looks
- Pella Omaha’s 350 Series vinyl windows also come with an exclusive SmoothSeam, with interior welded corners that are virtually invisible, yet strong and durable.
- The robust frames feature distinctive detailing with beveled edges for a polished look.
- Choose shades, blinds or grilles between-the-glass or simulated divided-light grilles.
- There’s also a dual-color frame option.
Pella 350 – Strength
- Pella Omaha’s exclusive frame design for its vinyl windows features easy-care vinyl frames that are built to last.
- The unique design options include reinforced frames.
Pella 350 – Security
- Pella Omaha’s 350 Series offers impact resistance glass.
- Optional sound control* glass can help reduce outside noise like traffic and lawnmowers.
* Sound control glass is insulated glass produced using different glass thickness (e.g. 3mm/5mm glass) or laminated glass.
A Quick Look at Encompass by Pella’s vinyl windows – competitively priced and easy to care for, they feature:
- Quality craftsmanship.
- Styles and options to fit most any budget.
- Vinyl frames that never need painting.
- Exceptional energy efficiency.
- Solid color throughout the vinyl that keeps minor dings and scratches virtually invisible.
- The convenient blinds or grilles between-the-glass are protected from dust and damage .
- (Blinds between-the-glass are only available with Pella 350® Series and Encompass by Pella’s sliding patio doors. Between-the-glass grilles are not available in Encompass by Pella garden-style windows.)
- Advanced Balance System helps double- and single-hung windows open and close easily.