Commercial Sales Consultant
The outside field salesperson is charged with developing and maintaining long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with builders, general contractors, owners, developers, architects, and industry organizations and is responsible for all practices and aspects pertaining to generating a high-volume, profitable sales while achieving maximum market penetration with as few service requirements as possible. Special projects and other duties as assigned and based on business necessity.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Spend approximately 60-70% of time prospecting, converting and communicating with potential or current commercial segment customers.
- Responsible for all field activity among assigned, prospected and converted accounts including customer relations, product application and stability, product sales and delivery, service and product installation instruction and collections.
- Pursues leads, gives product demonstrations and discusses product options with the customer
- Ensures quotes and orders are accurate and follows company sales processes
- Ensures customer issues (i.e. service, billing or payment, delivery, etc) are addressed promptly
- Able to accurately read, interpret and take-off blueprints, and to effectively use electronic software and systems (PQM, MSOffice, etc.) to quote, sell and order products to commercial project customers.
- Assists in providing prompt delivery by effectively understanding and communicating appropriate product lead times and accurate customer need dates.
- Ensures Pella products are installed properly and in accordance with the recommended guidelines of the manufacturer.
- Calls on and follows-up on leads generated by Dodge reports, Pella Corporation and outstanding Pella proposals.
- Informs customers of business changes such as product offering, pricing, or assembly options in a timely manner.
- Participates in various departmental and interdepartmental training as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and driving history in compliance with company policy
- Coordinates, promotes and advances the visibility and presence of the entire Pella product line among current or potential commercial customers while maintaining a continual awareness of activity or news in the architectural and/or construction-related community.
- Actively represents Pella Windows and Doors at company-sponsored events, professional group’s invitations to discuss and/or present Pella products and/or trade association meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BS/BA, AA or Technical degree preferred, 4-6 year’s sales, customer service, or general business experience preferred. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable.
Proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint software applications. Will be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PQM, POETS, OMS, etc.). Ability to compile and decipher information in spreadsheet format.
Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good public relations and customer service skills. Ability to read, interpret, understand and explain documents such as sales processes, product specifications or warranty manuals. Ability to effectively present information to others, gather information from others, and respond appropriately to questions from customers, coworkers and managers. Must display excellent phone and email etiquette. Must be able to present an appropriate attitude for the situation when interacting with customers or coworkers.
Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-disciplined, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion. Attention to detail is required. Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. Must be able to develop trust and confidence of customers, coworkers and managers. Must present in a clean and neat physical appearance. Must be able to investigate issues and resolve conflict in the best interests of the business and our customers.
Ability to subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform calculations using units of money, time, measurement, etc. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, length, width, height, and depth. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, geometry and general business math.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, type or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Them employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The time commitment required of this position will vary with the seasons and will frequently require more than forty hours per week.
Work environment with this job includes the typical office environment and frequent visits to construction job sites or customer homes. The noise level of this job is typically moderate.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.