Trade Sales Consultant
The outside field salesperson is charged with developing and maintaining long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with builders, contractors, architects, trade organizations and consumer clients and is responsible for all practices and aspects pertaining to generating a high-volume, profitable sales while achieving maximum market penetration with as few service requirements as possible. Special projects and other duties as assigned and based on business necessity.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all field activities and aspects relating to customer relations, product application, product sales and delivery, service and product installation instruction, collections, and striving for 100% customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate, promote and advance the visibility and presence of the entire Pella product line while maintaining a continual awareness of activity or news in the architectural and construction-related community. Actively represent Pella Windows & Doors at company-sponsored events, at professional group’s invitations to discuss and/or present Pella products, at trade association meetings, and at consumer home shows to promote Pella products.
- Able to present product demonstrations, accurately read, interpret and take-off blueprints, and to use electronic software and systems (PQM, MSOffice, etc.) to quote, sell and order products for remodeling and new construction residential and light commercial projects, and assist in providing prompt and on-time delivery.
- Ensures that Pella products are installed properly and in accordance with recommended guidelines of the manufacturer.
- Focuses on New Construction and Replacement and Remodel residential construction projects.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely follow-up on leads
- Responsible for providing feedback regularly and upon request including but not limited to; wins and losses, competitive information, quality alerts, Pella Corporation surveys as well as periodic special requests.
- Will be responsible for mentoring newer team members and hosting Pella Corp guests for field visits upon request.
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual’s motor vehicle record must also comply with company requirements. Must have the ability to manage multiple-tasks in an environment of constant interruptions and be able to prioritize responsibilities.
Language and Communication Skills
Excellent verbal and written skills are required as well as persuasive selling skills, and customer service skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual ability while not required is considered a plus.
Must exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, have a good attitude, be self-disciplined, and self-motivated. Must be a "take-charge" person with a demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion. Attention to administrative detail is required. Must be articulate, able to give clear instructions, demonstrate organizational skills, and meet deadlines. Must present a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customer and visitors.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and fractions are essential.
Proficiency with Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ability to learn internal software programs and applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive an automobile, stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The vast majority of travel will be local. Most days will require travel among home office, WSC, job sites and customer/contractor locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primary work location will be the designated at the time of hire. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate in Administrative office and moderate in the warehouse.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.