Pella – Best Window Company in Omaha
Posted on August 12, 2015 in Pella Windows & Doors of Omaha and Lincoln
Pella Omaha has won Best Window Company in Omaha Magazine’s Best of Omaha distinction for three years in a row and The Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O distinction for two years in a row. It’s an honor that owner Stephen Noel said the company appreciates.
“There are a lot of window replacement companies out there, so the fact that our customers think highly enough of us to take the time to vote, speaks volumes about their experience in dealing with us. Being named the Best of Omaha and Best of the Big O are badges of honor,” he said.
Guiding business principles
A few years ago, the leadership at Pella of Omaha & Lincoln sat down as a group to brainstorm ideas. They invited representatives from the different parts of the company (warehouse, pre-finish, installation, customer service and sales) to be a part of the discussion. The result was a list of core beliefs and drivers that are posted throughout the company and help define Pella of Omaha & Lincoln’s effort to strive for excellence.
These ideas serve as a guidepost that the staff refer to for what they do each and every day.
Pella Omaha’s Core Beliefs:
Our people and their unique talents are valued.
- Honesty and integrity are an essential part of all transactions.
- Treat all with dignity and respect.
- Wellness and healthy lifestyles are important to our success.
- Positive relationships build loyalty.
- Profitability ensures survival of the company.
- Our commitment to continuous improvement gives us a competitive edge.
- Leaders create value.
Pella Omaha’s Drivers:
- We provide a window and door solution for every opening.
- Very satisfied customers lead to high customer satisfaction rates for us and helps ensure our continued success.
- We offer our employees the training and development to achieve personal and professional success.
- We ensure a safe working environment for all our employees.
- Value-add services provide us a competitive advantage.
- Productive improvements are a continuous process.
- Community involvement and environmental responsibility are important.
- We are committed to first time completes.
First time completes explained
Stephen said when Pella associates are removing old windows and doors, especially on wintry days, it’s important to get their new windows and doors installed as quickly as possible.
“We try to get everything done in one day. It’s just more efficient for everyone if we do it right the first time,” said Stephen.
The crews on jobs vary by the size of each particular project, but there are usually two to three installers working at every home.
Pella Omaha & Lincoln associates
Stephen explained the key to having a successful business is maintaining a cohesive and consistent workforce. Each year Pella of Omaha & Lincoln recognizes the anniversary dates of its associates. The longest tenured employee right now has been there for 35 years.
“If you have constant turnover and lose a lot of people, it’s harder to stay consistent. We definitely like to keep good people,” he said.