5 Ways to Transform Your Philadelphia Home with Home Improvement Projects
Posted on February 03, 2023 in Pella Windows & Doors of Philadelphia
Home improvements are an excellent way to transform your home. Check out what you can do to transform your home and how we can help!
1. Window Replacement
Curb appeal and style are one of the primary reasons that homeowners do a home improvement project. Transforming the exterior of your home can increase visual appeal to people who pass by and be inviting to your guests. Not to mention, loving your home gives you a sense of comfort and pride.
Window replacements are a great way to boost home value while also transforming your home's appearance.
For example, our Philadelphia team transformed this home in Queens Village by installing new wood double-hung windows. The black windows are stunning against the brick exterior, and the added grilles create visual interest and enhance the home's traditional look. These historic windows turned out beautiful and matched the home's historical requirements.
Another fantastic benefit of updating the exterior of your home is that you increase its functionality and longevity. For example, old windows can become hard to open and can have damaged pieces from wear and tear or the elements. Replacing your windows can help you easily open and close your windows for years to come.
At Pella, we have a wide selection of windows to reach your goals:
- Wood windows are easily customizable and can fit your style needs, whether a traditional, historical, or contemporary home. You also have versatility with the finish for these windows. For example, white can brighten the inside of your home, while black can make a bold statement on your home’s exterior. Black windows can modernize your home and look especially beautiful against white siding and brick homes. Another option is a natural stain to bring out the warmth and natural beauty that wood provides.
- Fiberglass windows can transform your home. Fiberglass windows have thin, sleek profiles that modernize your home’s exterior.
- Vinyl windows are an excellent way to get a high-quality window at a budget-friendly price.
- Window accessories can also update the look of your home. For example, grilles are a wonderful addition to your home, especially for traditional homes. We offer various grilles at Pella of Philadelphia, including traditional, top row, Victorian, Cross, and more.
- Other options to increase functionality include innovative window screens and stylish handles and locks.
Landscaping is a great way to be creative with your home and add curb appeal. Maintaining your lawn and adding flowers can completely transform the look of your home. Greenery is a beautiful enhancement to your home’s exterior.
Cleaning your siding and replacing any damaged areas can improve the look of your home. Your siding is there to protect your home, but it also has a visual appeal. Cleaning your siding and replacing any missing or broken pieces can both make your home appear newer and add curb appeal.
Replacing your doors can significantly impact your home's curb appeal and look. Updating your front door can completely change the aesthetic of your home. For example, going from a plain white door to a black door with some glass space can add a modern appeal to your home. Another great option for transforming your front door is installing one with a pop of color. At Pella, we have a lot of color options for you to choose from.
For example, the owner of this Cherry Hill, New Jersey, home wanted to create a grander front entryway. They also wanted to let in more natural lighting. We replaced their single white entry door with a black double door with ¾ light glass. The new door makes a bold statement and can provide lots of natural light and curb appeal for the home.
5. Patio Updates
Another area that can transform your home in terms of style and functionality is replacing your patio doors. Hinged and sliding doors are popular choices for Philadelphia homeowners because they offer ease of use and can fit with many home’s style.
For example, this York, Pennsylvania, homeowner was building an addition to their home and needed windows and doors. We installed vinyl double-hung windows and a hinged patio door. The new windows and doors were able to reach the homeowners’ goal of matching the new addition with the rest of the home while also increasing functionality.
Improving the exterior of your home is an excellent way to add curb appeal and visual interest. Replacing your windows and doors is a great way to make a dramatic transformation.
Schedule a free in-home consultation with our local Pella experts today to get started.